FLTI is a public-private partnership that works with local communities to provide parents/youth/communities with the knowledge, skills and tools for civic engagement. The goals of FLTI are to effect positive family leadership development by:
- Helping families become leaders in their communities through civic engagement;
- Expanding and facilitating the capacity of families to be change agents on a neighborhood, regional and state level;
- Developing supportive communities of families within regions of the state;
- Facilitating family involvement in state and local policy decision-making processes;
- Increasing parent-child interaction through family involvement.
To access the full 2015 Community Project Report, click here.